The core values of the ISK Tirol are:
- a humanistic world view based on Christian values
- a meeting place for open-minded people from different cultures and religious denomination
- mutual respect among all members of the school community
- an understanding of and respect for different cultures and religions
- an inherent culture of transparency, feedback and collaboration
- promoting creativity and social responsibility
The ISK Tirol strives to support its students in their development into informed, active and responsible global citizens. We take a holistic view of each student and nurture their individual strengths, creativity and communication skills.
At the ISK Tirol our teachers aim to:
- nurture each student’s individual strengths and talents
- create a solid foundation for our students’ lifelong learning
- be facilitators of the learning process and use a variety of strategies to enhance motivation and learning
- be coaches who respond to the individual needs of the students
- equip our students with the skills necessary for their further international education
- take responsibility for themselves and others
- confront a variety of ethical questions
- understand that complex, global problems do not always have simple solutions
- personify the characteristics of the IB Learner Profile and international mindedness
The International School Kufstein Tirol (ISK Tirol) is an independent, private catholic school established in partnership with the diocese of Salzburg. The private foundation of the University of Applied Sciences Kufstein Tirol is the body maintaining the International School Kufstein Tirol. One of the main principles of the ISK Tirol is its humanistic world view. Young people aged between 14/15 and 18/19 will be encouraged to deal with a variety of ethical questions during their time at ISK Tirol. They will strive to find answers to these questions and take responsibility for themselves and others, even up to a global dimension.
ISK Tirol is embedded in the modern campus of the University of Applied Sciences Kufstein Tirol. It is integrated into the body of public schools in the Tyrol. In addition to the Austrian Zentralmatura, the Austrian equivalent to A-levels or a high-school diploma which enables students to study at university, students will also graduate - after successful completion of the authorization process - with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma which is recognized worldwide. This certificate is evaluated, administered and standardized by the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO) in The Hague (NL). An international school such as the ISK Tirol is an ideal addition to existing secondary education options and is in increasing demand by the international job market. The newly established ISK Tirol satisfies this demand.
Holistic approaches to learning and knowledge acquisition promote individual growth and development. ISK Tirol sees itself as a place where talents and skills are developed in a respectful and inspiring learning environment – a meeting place for open-minded people from different cultures and religious denominations.
Alongside theoretical and practical learning and teaching, emphasis is placed on promoting creativity and social responsibility. Another distinctive advantage of the ISK Tirol is that we offer the subjects information technology, business and economy and ecology. Teachers at the ISK Tirol see themselves as facilitators of the learning process and are committed to using various strategies to enhance motivation and learning. In summary, the central goals of our school are: internationality, innovation, individual support and coaching and a culture of feedback on all levels.