Coaching & Support
An important focus of the ISK Tirol is the students’ emotional and social development within the context of our school. The content of our coaching and support programme is in line with our mission statement and the requirements of the International Baccalaureate Organization and has been agreed upon with our partner, the archdiocese of Salzburg. It is also in accordance with the IB Learner Profile.
The programme has the following content:
- The IBO mission statement and the International Baccalaureate pursue the aim of educating and supporting young people worldwide to participate in creating a better and more peaceful world in an effort to promote intercultural understanding and mutual respect amongst all people.
- The education and support offered by our school is directed towards this goal.
- The IB Learner and the IB Learner Profile (see http://www.ibo.org/programmes/profile/) are at the center of our educational philosophy and mission.
- The aim is to develop internationally minded people who, recognizing their common humanity and shared guardianship of the planet, help to create a better and more peaceful world. These educational goals are pursued through a variety of subjects and coaching activities.
- The ISK Tirol students receive individual support through coaching units. In the morning before their first class begins, the students are prepared for the day’s events and have the opportunity to voice any concerns.
- Commitment to service is a key concern for ISK Tirol and the International Baccalaureate Programme. Relationship skills, social responsibility, constructive action and solidarity are fostered and the adolescents enter into dialogue with other cultures and philosophies. The support and guidance we offer enables the students to experience school as a cosmopolitan meeting place for different beliefs and cultures.
- Joint lunch breaks (lunch provided) strengthen togetherness at the school and on the campus.
- Social learning is one of our educational principles. School mediation (buddy system), celebrations throughout the school and church year and pastoral care provided by the religious education teachers complete the comprehensive offering.